Are you ready to welcome the change of seasons with a new look in your home? Updating your home as summer gives way to fall is a great way to freshen up and reinvigorate each room. Best of all, you can make a few simple changes instead of having to dedicate weeks of work and blow your entire budget on a full redesign. You can easily implement a few décor changes to bring new life to a space. These small changes require both minimal cost and effort while transforming your home into something that looks fit for an interior design magazine.
Here are nine simple changes in home décor in Houston, MO that will make a huge impact on your home:
- Rearrange your furniture: You don’t have to buy a bunch of brand new furniture. Instead, shop your own home for an interior transformation! Just rearrange a few pieces of furniture you’re already using to create a seemingly entirely new space. Simply swapping the locations of the couch and the TV, for example, can make a drastic difference.
- Introduce plants: Add some life to a room with live plants. Plants are often incredibly cheap and can serve to add both color and texture. Pair a new succulent with a rustic pot to set the vibe. Not only are you improving the appearance of your home, but live plants also offer a variety of health benefits, including removing pollutants from the air.
- Add throws: Nothing channels happy memories more than a warm throw. Tossing a woven throw onto the end of a couch or into a wire basket in the living room adds an additional texture to any room to create a cozy feel.
- Change your lighting: Lighting is often one of the most neglected types of home décor in Houston, MO, but swapping in a new pendant light or lampshade can change the whole mood of a room.
- Add light with a decorative mirror: A mirror can make even the smallest room seem large and bright. Add in a floor-length mirror to bring in more natural lighting and give the illusion of more space. Consider painting the frame to complement other pieces in the room.
- Toss in some throw pillows: This is a trick perfect for adapting any space year-round. Pick up a few pillows suited for each season at your local furniture store. Then, swap them out accordingly to change things up with barely any effort.
- Use area rugs: Make any space feel warm by adding area rugs. Choose different patterns and colors to showcase your home’s unique character. Switch them throughout different times of the year to create a warm or cool feel based on the season.
- Enhance with color: A small pop of color can add both contrast and depth. Consider a brightly colored couch in an otherwise neutral room, or just paint an accent wall in the living room for variety.
- Change it up: Small details can make a big difference. Change up the items on your coffee table or mantel seasonally for a fresh look. This can be done with new items or beloved trinkets you already own.
For changes both big and small, the professionals at Crowleys Homeworks are here to help. Stop by today to check out our extensive selection of home décor in Houston, MO!