With so many different styles of couches and sofas out there, trying to find the right one for your living room can be a pain. You could spend months going through all the different styles of sofas while trying to decide on the perfect one. It can be even more stressful if you plan on buying a sofa as one of your Christmas gifts for your mom or dad.
We’ve tried to make things a bit easier by explaining several different styles of couches and sofas. Use the information below to pick the perfect piece for your loved one:
- Mid-century modern couch: If you’re looking for something stylish and modern to include in your parents’ living room, consider a mid-century modern couch. These couches often have a simple look and can improve the elegance of a room without taking attention away from other decorations. Common features of a mid-century modern couch include tapered legs, wood frames, rectangular seat cushions and square armrests.
- Sectional sofa: Sectional sofas are very popular, as they offer plenty of room. They are perfect for living rooms, as guests will always have somewhere to sit. Sectional sofas are available in a variety of different colors and designs. You can easily decorate them with unique pillows and blankets. The sections make it easy to fit these sofas into almost any space.
- Love seat: A new love seat is one of the best Christmas gifts you could give your mom and dad. These comfy couches offer the perfect place for two people to cuddle together while watching TV. Love seats are almost identical to standard couches, except they’re a bit smaller.
- Chesterfield couch: This type of couch is perfect for those who love a vintage look. They often feature tuxedo-style rolled arms and a short back, and are available in a wide variety of styles and colors.
- Tuxedo sofa: Tuxedo sofas are extremely stylish and make the perfect addition to a living room with elegant décor. These sofas usually feature curved arms that are as tall as the back. They can range in price, but some of the most popular versions cost around $1,300.
- Camelback sofa: As its name suggests, camelback sofas feature a curved back that looks kind of like a camel’s back. These sofas come in many different sizes, so you could easily find one that fits right in with the rest of your parents’ living room furniture.
- English sofa: Common features of an English sofa include a deep seat and rolled arms. It features a simple design, making it perfect for moms who tend to go for a minimal look. They are known for being quite comfortable.
- Futon: Usually thought of as a dorm room accessory, these couches actually make great additions to a home. They can serve as a couch when your parents are watching TV or a bed when they have guests staying the night.
When looking for Christmas gifts for mom, dad and any other loved ones, be sure to visit Crowleys Homeworks in Houston, MO. We offer fair prices on the best couches, sofas and other pieces of furniture.