Are you getting ready to invest in new furniture? This can be an exciting opportunity to redecorate your home in a brand-new style. Choosing the right furniture for your space can be a challenge, however—you’ll need to have a good idea of what you’re looking for and how you need it to fit in your home. Before you hit the local furniture stores in Houston, MO, there are a few things you should consider. This will help you stay on task and be prepared for your next big purchase.
Here’s what to think about before you visit the furniture store:
- Budget: Your budget is probably the most important factor when furniture shopping. You might fall in love with a $10,000 couch, but if that makes up your entire living room budget, you’ll need to choose something else. Setting a reasonable budget will help you make smart choices. Visit furniture store websites to get an idea of price ranges, then choose a number that works with your financial situation.
- General style preferences: Next, you’ll need to discuss your style preferences. If one family member is full-on cottage-core while someone else prefers sleek midcentury modern styles, you should try to find some middle ground before you step in a store. Otherwise, you’ll end up tired, cranky and no closer to finding the right styles. Sites like Pinterest and Houzz are great for getting inspiration.
- Space considerations: How much space do you have to fill—and how cramped do you want each room to be? Measure each room of your house, as well as any furniture you plan to keep. This will give you an idea of the maximum furniture size you can purchase—there’s nothing worse than finding out your dream sofa is too big for the space.
- Lifestyle needs: After you’ve considered all of the above factors, be sure to give some thought to your lifestyle—not the aspirational magazine type of lifestyle, but rather how you actually live your daily life. For example, if you have toddlers or pets running around, you’re probably not going to want white furniture. Similarly, make sure there’s plenty of seating for each member of your family (plus guests) and that your furniture choices are as comfortable as they are stylish or practical.
- Understand furniture quality: Finally, give some thought to your furniture quality. Anyone can get pre-fabricated furniture from a big box store, put it together and call it a day—but if you want pieces that will stand the test of time, you’ll need to pay a bit more. Look for pieces with excellent construction and sturdy upholstery. They’re more likely to last, even through stains, spills, bumps and other facts of everyday life.
Once you’ve considered the factors above, you’re ready to visit your local furniture store in Houston, MO to pick up the right piece for your home. Don’t forget to make Crowley’s Homeworks your destination—we’re excited to show you the latest home furnishings. Call or stop by our showroom today!