Have you been thinking about adding some new furniture to your home? Before you head out to your local furniture store in Houston, MO, be sure to consider a recliner. Today’s recliner styles are a lot more attractive than your dad’s old La-Z-Boy, but they offer all of the comfort you might want. You should be able to find a style and price point that suits your needs. Whether you need a reading chair or just want to be able to put your feet up after a long day at work, getting a great recliner chair will pay off.
Here are some of the reasons we love recliners:
- Relaxation: Recliners are popular for a reason—they’re comfortable. Kicking back in a soft, supportive chair is a great way to enjoy your favorite TV show, relax during movie night or devour a book in one sitting. Recliners are designed to provide plenty of support for your back and legs, which makes them great for people who have trouble sitting in regular armchairs or on couches. Some of them even have remote controls, which is particularly helpful for people with mobility issues.
- Promote better circulation: A reclining position is great for your circulation, especially if you’ve been on your feet all day. Recliners are specifically designed to let your body rest in a comfortable, supported position. This is important, because standing or sitting up all day can cause your feet and ankles to swell. Getting off your feet allows them to stop swelling—and aching.
- Pain relief: If you have back and joint pain, a recliner can be a terrific boon. Recliners take the pressure off your back and joints so you can sit for longer periods of time without pain. They’re also great for pregnant and nursing mothers, who often deal with back problems, joint troubles and other growing pains. Some people even choose to sleep in their recliners when their beds aren’t doing enough to relieve their pain.
- Soothe acid reflux: Acid reflux hurts, and lying down flat can exacerbate that pain. Investing in a great recliner is a way to stay upright and keep your stomach acid where it belongs, while still remaining comfortable enough to sleep, read, watch TV or enjoy other relaxing hobbies.
- New, stylish models: If you’re afraid that a recliner won’t fit in with the rest of your furniture, you should check out today’s modern versions. They’re much more stylish than the recliners you grew up with, but are still plenty comfortable. You’ll be able to find a chair that blends in with your current furniture or provides a beautiful complement.
Whatever your reason for getting a recliner, it’s a purchase that will serve you well over the coming years. Why not invest in your own health and comfort? Stop by your local furniture store in Houston, MO to browse the newest models.
Crowley’s Homeworks offers a wide array of comfortable, stylish furniture. Stop by our showroom or call us today to learn more about our selection.