According to a Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research study performed last June, 42 percent of the American workforce works from home full time. But to productively WFH in Houston, MO, workers can’t just work from the couch or the dining room table. Instead, they need to create a home office. This post will cover a few of the top ways to create a productive and comfortable home office:
- Upgrade your furniture: New furniture will help keep you comfortable and alert throughout the day. Simply picking up a desk from IKEA and grabbing an unused chair from somewhere in the house won’t do. We’ll cover a few things to look for in new pieces below!
- Find a quiet area: If you have children, there’s a good chance that they’re also learning virtually due to COVID-19. You can’t let their schooling or other noises distract you, especially when you’re on an important call. Make sure your home office space is in a quiet area, far away from any possible distractions.
- Declutter: It’s hard to stay productive when your desk is full of random pens, piles of papers, sticky notes, empty cups and other junk. Take some time to clean up and organize all of your things. Buying new cabinetry for storage is a great way to help create a productive work-from-home space in Houston, MO.
- Take breaks: Working non-stop from 9 to 5 is bad for your psyche and leads to a less productive day. Instead, take a few longer breaks throughout the day. Take a walk, browse the internet, read a book or do anything else that sets your mind at ease during these breaks.
What to look for in new furniture
Buying new furniture for your home office isn’t as easy as walking into a furniture store and picking out some pieces—you have to put some thought into it. Here are a few of the things to look for to create a productive work-from-home space in Houston, MO:
- Functionality: Your office must be functional for you to be productive. Ensure that your desk is big enough to accommodate your computer monitor, papers, folders and anything else you need to do your job. Your chair should also be at an appropriate level to ensure you aren’t slouching throughout the day.
- Comfort: There’s a direct correlation between your comfort and productivity. If you’re uncomfortable while working, you could start to focus on your sore back or bottom instead of the task at hand. Take some time to browse through furniture stores to find comfortable furniture.
- Storage: As we touched on above, storage is key for your productivity. Make sure your office space has tons of shelving and cabinetry that can hold all of your important papers or folders.
Buy your new furniture from us!
To ensure your day is as productive as possible, come to Crowley’s Homeworks. From spacious desks to comfortable chairs, we carry all the furniture you need to ensure you’re staying productive while WFH in Houston, MO.