Cats and dogs aren’t just pets—they’re part of the family. Unfortunately, these furry family members tend to generate a lot of messes from claws, shedding and odors. Having the right pet-friendly vintage home furniture in Houston, MO can make a huge difference for pet owners when it comes to keeping their homes looking great without sacrificing functionality or durability. Keep reading to learn more about the best options for pet-friendly furniture.
Here are some of the best ideas for pet-friendly modern and vintage styles in Houston, MO to get your space looking amazing while providing a comfortable place for the whole family—including your pets— to lounge:
- Try easy-clean furniture: Materials like microfiber and woven fabrics are designed to be very easy to clean. With these fabrics, all it takes is a simple wipe-down to clear away pet fur, get rid of odors and remove dust and dirt. Leather furniture is a more expensive option, but it’s also one of the most durable furniture choices. Leather can be wiped down with a damp cloth to get rid of pet hair and other messes, and it won’t absorb moisture like fabric materials.
- Opt for dark colors: Dark furniture is great for concealing pet fur. It’s easier to keep dark furniture looking cleaner for longer because dark shades are more forgiving. Even tough stains are much less likely to show up on darker furniture.
- Distract with patterns: Patterned upholstery and accents can distract from pet fur and stains on furniture. If your furniture gets a lot of traffic from pets and people, patterns are a great option. This furniture continues to look good even after lots of heavy use.
- Choose metal legs: Wooden chair legs are often subject to chewing by bored dogs and puppies. To avoid furniture chewing, choose metal chair legs and furniture framing to deter damage from puppies and dogs. Lots of vintage styles in Houston, MO have metal legs that are great for households with pets.
- Make space for pets: Making a place for your pets to rest in the living room can reduce wear and tear on your nicer couches and chairs. Provide your dogs and cats with a comfortable area where they can stretch out and catch some sleep while enjoying your company in the living room.
- Keep pets entertained: One of the best ways to minimize pet damage is to keep your pets occupied in the living room. Make sure dogs and cats have plenty of toys to play with to keep them entertained and on their best behavior.
Find vintage home furniture in Houston, MO
If you’re looking for vintage styles in Houston, MO, stop by Crowleys Homeworks. We offer an extensive inventory of furniture and décor from the best brands on the market. With everything from chairs and recliners to mattresses and carpeting, our team has everything you need to get your home looking great. Find out more about what we have to offer and choose the perfect furniture and décor items for your needs by giving us a call or stopping by our store today.