Trends come and go, but there are some retro styles that have made a big comeback in the last several years. If you like the timeless style of vintage furniture, décor and design, you might be interested in some popular vintage styles. They’re inspired by classic colors, patterns and themes, but have found new life with a modern twist! Here are six of the most popular vintage styles we’re seeing revived in homes throughout Houston, MO.
- Pastel colors: Pastel colors were very popular in the 1980s, and these understated colors are coming back into popularity in contemporary home design. They look great in kitchens and living rooms with lots of natural light and they’re also great for complementing an accent wall. Soft yellows, blues and pinks are among the biggest pastel colors showing up in current design trends.
- Wallpaper: Wallpaper was commonly used in home design in the 1970s, but fell out of popularity over time because of its drab, dated floral patterns. However, wallpaper is making a comeback with fresh, modern colors and patterns. From bold geometric designs to beautiful botanical illustrations, there are lots of modern wallpaper options for homeowners to choose from. Oh yeah, and modern wallpaper is much, much easier to install than it was in 1970!
- Houseplants: Houseplants filled homes in the 1970s, and they are coming back into style today in apartments and homes alike. Big, beautiful houseplants bring life into a space and create aesthetic appeal with vibrant natural greens and unique textures. From spider plants to succulents, houseplants are great for creating atmosphere. Not only do houseplants improve aesthetic appeal, they are also great mood-boosters.
- Wood paneling: Wood paneling is known for its retro look, but it’s used extensively in contemporary home design. Today, wood paneling incorporates quality materials to create beautiful design elements. Wood paneling is great for creating accent walls to enhance the atmosphere of a space and create a stylish, sophisticated look. Look to paneling as an option in smaller rooms or those with lots of earth tones.
- Shag rugs: The shag rug is one of the most iconic pieces of 1970s home design. Today, shag rugs are very popular home accents that bring comfort, aesthetic appeal and coziness to almost any space. With many different colors, styles and sizes to choose from, there is a shag rug to complement virtually any space. You can even pick your piling type to create endless style options.
- Graphic art: Graphic art was very popular in the 1970s and it’s making a comeback today. From framed posters to canvas wall art, there are lots of different ways to add visual appeal to your space. Feature art that inspires you and you’ll have an instant conversation piece at gatherings and parties.
If you’re looking for vintage home furniture in Houston, MO, stop by Crowleys Homeworks! Our extensive selection of furniture pieces and home décor items go with virtually any home design or layout. No matter what you’re looking for, our team is here to help you find the perfect pieces for your home. Stop by today to see everything that we have to offer in the way of vintage décor accents!