Pets can be a wonderful addition to your family, but they can also cause a lot of wear and tear to your home and your furniture. If you’re thinking about buying some new pieces from a furniture store in Houston, MO, it’s important to look for items that will work well in a household with pets. Luckily, there are several things that you can look for to help you identify pet-friendly furniture.
When you’re looking for furniture that will be able to coexist with your pet, you should focus on finding pieces that are durable and resilient as well as for things that will add to the aesthetic of your space. The good news is that you don’t have to compromise the appeal of your home in order to protect your furniture pieces from pet damage. In fact, you can achieve functionality and style in your pet-friendly space by following a few tips:
- Look for durable pieces: Durability is an important quality to look for in any piece of home furniture. Find quality pieces that are sturdy enough to withstand the extra wear and tear that comes along with having pets.
- Find pet-friendly fabrics: When you’re selecting chairs and couches, you should look for materials that are scratch-resistant and easy to clean and maintain. Faux leather and synthetic fabrics are popular because they are so easy to spot clean. You should also avoid choosing furniture in lighter colors, like white or beige, since pet hair is more likely to show up against those colors.
- Use rugs and throw blankets: One of the most common problems that pet owners experience is scratches on furniture and hardwood floors. You can minimize scratch marks while improving the overall look of your space by investing in area rugs and throw blankets. An area rug can protect your floor while adding color and texture to your room, and throw blankets are great for shielding your furniture from scratches while bringing a pop of color to a space.
- Keep your pets clean: By keeping up with regular pet grooming, you can reduce the amount of time you have to spend cleaning your furniture. Bathing and brushing your pets on a regular basis will minimize the amount of dirt and hair they track with them through the house, and this will help you keep your furniture cleaner and in better condition for years to come.
- Occupy pets with other toys: If you have plenty of toys for your pet to play with, they will be less inclined to cause damage to your furniture and décor. For cats, make sure you have a scratching post or scratching mats that they can use. Dogs should have chew toys to keep them occupied without feeling the need to chew up your favorite throw pillows and blankets.
Visit a furniture store in Houston, MO
No matter what kind of furniture you’re looking for, you can find high-quality pieces for your home at Crowleys Homeworks. Since 1993, we have offered an extensive selection of home furniture and décor for our customers to choose from. You can find out more about our selection of furniture by giving us a call or stopping by our store today.