There’s something about throw pillows that seems effortless: you see a few pretty ones at a store, you buy them and then you place them on your furniture. How hard is that? However, as you scroll through Pinterest or flip through the pages of your favorite home decor magazine, you might notice the aesthetic cohesion of the throw pillows featured. For those shopping for furniture accessories in Houston, MO, there’s an actual method to the madness when it comes to choosing the right throw pillows:
- Choose a color palette: If you are buying throw pillows for your living room couch, for example, you’ll want to purchase ones that adhere to the existing color palette of the space. We recommend picking throw pillows in similar shades or complementary colors. This will make your furniture accessories in Houston, MO fit nicely into the room without seeming out of place.
- Opt for symmetry: All too often, throw pillows seem haphazardly placed. Even though this seems like a minor detail, this can make a room look messy. Instead, think of the symmetry of the piece of furniture where you will use the throw pillows. For instance, if you are purchasing throw pillows for a window seat, you want there to be balance. Buy a few pillows in pairs and one for the center of your furniture to create this symmetrical look.
- Mix it up: If you really want to make a statement with throw pillows, buy a few that are a solid color, but also ones with a small print and a large print. Remember to keep your color palette in mind, but have fun with it. The symmetry of your throw pillow placement will keep this from looking sloppy or too busy. You’d be surprised how two prints can make a big difference in the overall style of the room.
- Consider the room: What room will these throw pillows live in? If it’s a room that is already boldly decorated, look for throw pillows that are more subdued. However, if the room is filled with clean neutrals, you can go really bold and bright with your throw pillows. If its throw pillows for a children’s room, pick out fun, youthful prints and colors.
- Work inwards: Larger pillows should be placed towards the outer edges of furniture, and as you move to the center, they should get smaller. In other words, large throw pillows on a bed will be near the bedside tables, while the smaller ones will sit in the center.
- Don’t forget comfort: Yes, throw pillows are accessories, but they are also meant to make furniture more comfortable. Pick pillows that are cozy and that you’ll want to lean against or rest on. Also, consider the material used for the throw pillows. Is it scratchy or rough? You want something that will feel good against your skin.
If you’re looking for throw pillows and other furniture accessories in Houston, MO, visit Crowley’s Homeworks. We offer a wide selection of home decor items at reasonable prices that fit your budget. Stop by to find the perfect throw pillows for your home today!