If there’s one feature people look for when shopping for a house, it’s a great backyard patio space for entertaining and relaxing. A functional patio lets you enjoy your time outside, whether you’re out there to take in the view of your garden or hosting a party, and it can be an inviting extension of your main indoor living space.
But what if your patio is not up to your standards? Old patio furniture, faded rugs and an overall dull look are not going to appeal much to you, your family or your friends. Take action now so you’ll want to go out back for fresh air this summer! Below are five tips for creating the perfect outdoor space using patio furniture in Houston, MO and other outdoor décor:
- Versatile patio table: Whether you have a big patio space or a small balcony, having a centerpiece table that can pull double or triple duty is the way to go. For example, consider purchasing an outdoor dining table that can expand to accommodate six people for a dinner party, then be squeezed down to a table for two for morning coffee. Also, a versatile table can easily be moved into a corner to make room for your outdoor workout routine.
- Comfortable seating: Today’s patio furniture is designed with comfort and style in mind. In fact, many quality pieces look a lot like indoor living room furniture. When choosing patio furniture, take the time to test out sofas, chairs and benches for comfort—especially if you plan to spend a lot of time lounging around throughout the year. It’s important to note that most patio furniture chair cushions can be replaced with different ones. You’re not stuck with the original cushions forever!
- Outdoor rugs: The right outdoor rug spread over your patio floor can really define your space and speak to your personality. A rug has the ability to bring a sense of comfort, but the best part is the range of options in terms of designs, colors and sizes. Remember to pick out a rug made of materials that can withstand the elements, including harsh UV rays, rain and mud. Once you select your rug, place it where you want to draw everyone’s attention.
- Clear string lights: A super easy way to dress up your patio space is by hanging clear string lights all around. If you have a patio cover, weave lights over it. Otherwise, you can simply wind them around posts, or drape them over the walls or eaves.
- Fire pit or patio fireplace: A fire pit can seriously make any patio space stand out. When lit, it draws people toward it like moths to lamps! Fire pits are inviting, relaxing and great at sparking discussions. Another option is a built-in patio fireplace. Though it will cost more than a portable fire pit, any homeowner planning to stay in their home for a long time can see the pros of investing in one.
At Crowley’s Homeworks, you have your pick of the highest-quality patio furniture in Houston, MO. Visit our store today to check out our selection!