Decorating a new home or redecorating your current space can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. It’s easy to get tempted by expensive new decorations and high-end furniture, but if you stick to the following tips when you’re at the furniture store in Houston, MO, you can successfully redecorate your home within your budget, and still be pleased with the results:
- Make a budget: Make a budget before you begin—and make a plan of how you’ll stick to your budget. Which pieces are absolutely essential, which needs can you get by with what you have and what might you not need at all? You’ll also want to take a look at what style of furniture you want and see if those pieces tend to fall within a price range you’re comfortable with spending. Some styles do tend to run higher than others, so if you have a budget and plan in mind before you set your heart on a certain look, you’ll do much better with sticking to your budget and plan.
- Upcycle: Upcycling is the new recycling. Instead of getting rid of or giving away what you have already in your home, find new ways to incorporate older items into your new design. Some pieces may just need a new coat of paint or a new cover. Find ways to eliminate rust and tarnish, and think about new ways to use old pieces. You might be even happier with your furniture once it’s refreshed!
- Try new colors: A new color can transform a room, even when few to no new pieces have been added. You can go bold and paint the walls a new color, or incorporate a new color in new ways, such as with pillows, throws or an area rug. Pick a palette that incorporates colors you already have in the home so you won’t have to start from scratch, or neutralize the palette you already own.
- Go minimalist: Sometimes less is more, especially when it comes to furniture. Sometimes what you need is not more or different furniture, but less clutter altogether. Get rid of anything that doesn’t make you happy to see in your home, and find ways to pare down furniture by choosing multi-function pieces. Having more space in your home will transform the way it looks.
- Choose a few great new pieces: Now it’s time for the fun part! Head to the furniture store in Houston, MO and find a few new pieces you love that are within your budget and your plan. Furniture is a great investment because it lasts a long time. Instead of spending money on many décor items that you may grow tired of, choose some great new pieces of furniture that will transform your space and that you’ll love for a long time to come.
If you’re looking for a great furniture store in Houston, MO, Crowley’s Homeworks is stocked full of great pieces and staffed by people who know furniture and care about your buying experience. Since we operate in small communities, we know our reputation precedes us, and we want to help turn your house into a home. Come by today to see what we have to offer!