Are you looking to redesign your bedroom in 2019? If so, you are sure to find plenty of ideas and items that fit your style at a furniture store in Houston, MO. But before you come to the store, you might want to consider some of your options, so you have an idea of what to look for.
With each new year comes new design trends, and 2019 will be no different in that respect. Of course, the most important thing isn’t being on trend—it’s having a bedroom that you enjoy spending time in. But looking at trends can be a fun way to spark new ideas, and familiarize yourself with options you might not have even known existed.
With that in mind, here are some top bedroom decorating trends for 2019, from the experts at your furniture store in Houston, MO:
- Thin, lightweight bedframe: A large, sturdy bedframe can make for a nice statement piece—but it can also take up a lot of space and overwhelm the rest of the room. If you want to keep things fresh and light, consider a smaller, more lightweight bedframe for 2019.
- Accent wall: Using bright paint or funky wallpaper all over your bedroom might feel like a bit much. But if you still want to have some creativity in the look of your bedroom, consider livening up just one wall with a pop of color or cool wallpaper option. It’s the best of both worlds!
- Keep it neutral: Your living room and kitchen are communal spaces, where you interact with your family or housemates and entertain guests. But your bedroom is your own private oasis, and keeping it relatively free of color or clutter might help you relax at the end of a long day. If you don’t like white or beige walls, gray or light blue might work as well.
- Monochromatic: What if you want your bedroom to be distinctive, but still relatively simple in appearance? Here’s a good technique that will satisfy both of your needs: going monochromatic. Pick a unique color you love, like mustard yellow or pale pink, and make your walls, bedspread, carpet and accents all be this color.
- More is less: Is your bedroom on the smaller side? Beyond having a twin bed, what can you do to keep it relatively clutter-free? The answer: chic storage options, like a bed with drawers built in, or a chest at the end of your bed that doubles as a bench.
- Modernize it: Modern design is all about clean lines and minimal fuss. If you want to approach 2019 with a clean slate and a clear mind, going modern will give you a bedroom that will be the perfect space in which to begin and end each day.
Now that you know about some of the top decorating trends for the upcoming year, hopefully you have some idea of how you would like to decorate your bedroom. Whether you know exactly what you want or are still mulling over your options, the team at Crowleys Homeworks is here to help. Visit our affordable furniture store in Houston, MO today!