When you think of a rental home or apartment, you probably are imagining a generic space—and it’ll stay that way unless you change it. However, with some thought and a bit of work, you can transform a bland rental into your very own space.
One great place to start is by visiting a furniture store in Houston, MO. Selecting the right pieces to fit together and create a cohesive look is a smart idea. Let’s take a look at some top tips for making a rental into a place you’ll be happy to call home:
- Shelving: While making permanent changes like painting might be frowned upon, adding shelves is an easy semi-permanent change. This will add extra storage to reduce clutter and create the illusion of depth for the room. Add your own personal touches like a blast of color, or set up a row of trinkets.
- Rugs: A simple, easily reversible step is to add rugs wherever you can. This will protect your floors while also giving the room a bit of color and texture. Choose the style of rug that will fit your home’s décor and place them down in those high-traffic areas.
- Add storage: Rentals often aren’t the best when it comes to having enough places to put your stuff. While you probably won’t be getting a finished basement anytime soon, you can still find unique storage solutions to reduce clutter. For example, a coffee table or ottoman with storage inside can serve as decorative pieces while also having a practical function.
- Change out those blinds: Most rentals come with cheap plastic blinds that aren’t much to look at. Luckily, this is one area where it’s easy to make a change. Invest in some thick, luxurious drapes in the color of your choice. This change can transform the way a room looks instantly.
- Accessorize: Don’t be afraid to add fun, personal touches wherever you see fit. You can coordinate the colors of your smaller home accessories with the rest of your home so that they match with the furniture and area rugs. This is a simple, less expensive way to give your rental some personality.
You have many choices in terms of choosing a furniture store in Houston, MO, but we hope the clear choice is Crowley’s Homeworks. That’s because we treat our customers honestly and with courtesy, striving to meet their every need. We do our best every time to provide a hassle-free experience and deliver maximum value. This is why our loyal customers have chosen us over the competition time after time.
Our motto is “turning houses into homes,” because that’s what we take pride in doing—we want to help you create your dream home. With a quarter of a century serving the community, we’ve expanded to include a wide range of high-quality products created by leading manufacturers. Whenever you have a problem with any of our products, we’ll take care of it immediately. Stop by today and learn how we’re different from the competition!