If you live in a home with carpeting, you’re well aware of the fact that carpet can get soiled rather quickly—especially if you have any kids or pets! Stains caused by ground-in dirt and spills are common, and often tricky to remove if they’re not taken care of immediately. But apart from cleaning up after a spill, how often should you have your carpeting in Houston, MO cleaned by a professional? Continue reading to learn more:
- Vacuuming: All of your carpeting should probably be vacuumed once a week, or more often if you have pets or small children running around your home. This prevents stains from settling in and can increase your indoor air quality. Of course, you’ll always want to spot vacuum as soon as you notice any standing dirt or crumbs. Letting this sit will certainly lead to a stained and dingy-looking carpet.
- Spot cleaning: As mentioned above, tackling stains as quickly as possible is essential. Blot any stains with a mixture of cold water and dish soap. Doing so should lift the stain, but nothing is certain. Stains from dark liquids, like red wine, may require further attention from a professional carpet cleaner.
- Professional cleaning: Speaking of professionals, you should call them at least once a year to clean your carpet. Experts recommend hiring a team of professionals to steam your carpet every 12 to 18 months. The frequency with which your carpets should be steamed depends on a couple of factors. If you have pets or if you have a lot of people walking on your carpets all the time, you may need to have them steamed more often than once a year. If it’s been a while since you’ve had your carpets steamed, it’s not a bad idea to give the pros a call.
Why do I need to clean my carpets?
Apart from keeping a good-looking home, there are some real benefits to hiring a carpet cleaner once a year. These are just a few of the reasons you ought to have your carpets steam cleaned on a regular basis:
- Improve air quality: Dust, pet dander and other allergens get ground into carpets fairly easily. As you can imagine, this devastates your indoor air quality. Dirty carpeting creates a bad living environment for everyone, especially folks with allergies. Having your carpets steamed removes these allergens.
- Retain your warranty: Some carpet manufacturers require carpeting to be steamed every so often to retain the warranty. Check the warranty and give the pros a call if you’re past due for a cleaning.
- Extend carpet life: You want your carpeting to last as long as possible, right? In that case, be sure to have them professionally steam cleaned! Steaming keeps dirt out and ensures the fibers look as good as possible.
Even with regular cleaning, carpeting in Houston, MO doesn’t last forever. When you’re in the market for new carpet, visit Crowley’s Homeworks and check out our selection of high-quality carpeting from top name brands!