Anyone who’s ever dealt with back pain will be the first to tell you that it’s not just a minor inconvenience—it can completely change the way you live your life. Simple everyday activities like walking or bending over can be painful for those with serious back pain. Needless to say, if your back pain is that bad, the sports and physical recreation you used to love may have to go on the back burner. Swinging a golf club or tennis racquet can be nearly impossible if your back aches while doing so.
There are tons of potential sources of back pain. It could be the result of a fall or injury from playing a sport. But what if the culprit is sitting in your bedroom right now? If you have the wrong bed, your mattress could be the source of all your back trouble! Since there are so many potential causes of back pain, there’s no way of knowing for sure whether or not your mattress is entirely to blame. That said, science hasn’t ruled it out of the question. Your mattress may be causing your back pain—and making it worse each night you sleep on it. Continue reading to learn more about your mattress from a bedroom furniture store in Houston, MO.
New vs. old mattresses
After years of use, mattresses lose the quality of support they once had. They become lumpy in certain spots and create pressure points along your spine that can lead to back pain. However, a new mattress can create those same pressure points and cause just as much back pain! If you ever wake up with a bit of soreness, it may be time to visit a furniture store to pick out a new mattress. Here’s a closer look at what you should be seeking:
- Comfort: The first thing you should look for is a comfortable mattress. After all, you spend a third of your life in bed! Visit a bedroom furniture store in Houston, MO and try out several different mattresses before choosing one.
- Support: Sure, your mattress might be comfortable, but does it support your spine as well as it should? Your spine should be straight while you sleep. You don’t have to be a chiropractor to know that your back is misaligned while lying down.
- Pressure points: Can you feel any sharp pressure points while trying out your new mattress? If so, don’t buy it! Those pressure points will surely cause significant back pain down the road.
Why choose Crowley’s Homeworks?
Given the number of furniture stores in the area, you might wonder what makes Crowley’s Homeworks uniquely suited to sell you your next mattress. Our advantages include:
- Best prices: Although price shouldn’t be the biggest factor you consider when buying a new mattress or piece of furniture, it certainly is important! That’s why, at Crowley’s Homeworks, we offer the best deals on all of our pieces. Stop in today to learn about our special monthly discount!
- Best selection: There’s a wide variety of mattress brands on the market. Don’t you want to shop at a furniture store that carries all of the top brands? Of course you do! Come in to one of our two showrooms to check out all of the different types of mattresses we carry.
Be sure to shop at Crowley’s Homeworks the next time you need a mattress. We guarantee you’ll find the best bed for both your spine and your wallet!