Let’s say you average eight hours of sleep per night. This means you’re spending about a third of your life on your mattress. When you’re spending that much time on a piece of furniture, it’s important to make sure it’s a high-quality item!
Here are just a few of the advantages that come with sleeping on a quality mattress that show just why you should invest in an excellent mattress from a furniture store in Houston, MO:
- A great mattress can be an excellent stress reliever: If you suffer from chronic stress, the low quality of your mattress could be partially to blame. In one study in 2009, 59 people slept for 28 straight nights on their regular mattress, then another 28 nights on a different, medium-firmness mattress. They were asked to evaluate their stress levels based on a variety of different elements, and the new beds ended up resulting in significantly less stress, which researchers believe to have been related to improved sleep quality.
- You can experience better overall health: Old mattresses tend to be massive traps for dust, dead skin and mites. This can cause some significant health problems, as up to 20 million Americans are allergic to dust mites. They can cause especially severe health issues for people who already suffer from asthma. This means a new mattress, especially one outfitted with an allergy-proof slip cover, can help you to maintain your health, enabling you to sleep and feel better on a daily basis.
- You can get the firmness that best suits your needs: A good bed is like a pair of pants or shoes—you should always try it before you decide to buy it. Chances are, you’ve been sleeping for years in a bed that simply isn’t the right “fit” for you, especially if you have been having problems sleeping. Some people sleep better with softer beds, while others prefer firmer beds. Getting the right bed will make it much easier for you to fall asleep and avoid restless nights of tossing and turning in your bed.
- You get a more reliable feel to the bed: Old mattresses often have uneven springs or begin to develop indentations over time. This makes your quality of sleep significantly worse. If you feel like your bed has different “spots” that are more comfortable than others, this is a sign that you need a new bed.
- You’ll be in a better mood: Sleep quality has a strong correlation with mood. You are much more likely to be anxious, depressed, angry or unsettled if you are not getting enough sleep. Therefore, not only is having a high-quality bed a necessity to keep you in good physical health, but it is also good for your mental and emotional health.
These are just a few of the biggest reasons why you should prioritize quality in your mattress. For more information about the selection of mattresses available at Crowleys Homeworks, contact our furniture store in Houston, MO today.