Buying a new sofa can be an exciting experience. If you choose wisely, your new couch will be the focal point of your living room, and everyone’s favorite place to relax after a long day. However, if you choose poorly, you’re stuck with an uncomfortable and ugly piece of expensive furniture. Avoid these five mistakes the next time you’re at a furniture retail store in Houston, MO:
- Buying the wrong size: The number one rule in sofa shopping is choosing the right size! You can’t have a couch that’s too big to fit in your living room. On the opposite end of the spectrum, you don’t want a couch that’s too small, either. Be sure to measure out the dimensions of your living room before you head out to buy a new sofa. Feel free to bring a tape measure and measure all of our sofas the next time you visit our showroom.
- Buying without trying it out: Though you might not like to hear it, sofa shopping should be an all-day experience! While you’re at a furniture store, you should be sure to sit on all of the different sofas you like so you can be sure that you’re picking out the most comfortable one on the floor. Feel free to act like Goldilocks and ensure each one isn’t too hard or too soft.
- Buying the wrong style: While comfort is certainly important when you’re shopping for a new couch, you can’t sacrifice style for a plush new sofa. A couch will be the focal point of your living room. Since that’s the case, be sure it goes with the rest of the decor and furniture in your home. Fortunately for you, we carry many different styles of sofas. You’re sure to find one that’s right for you when you shop at Crowley’s Homeworks!
- Choosing the wrong color or fabric: Going along with the previous point, be sure you pick out a couch that’ll match the colors in your living room. Unless you’re going for a striking look, your sofa shouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb! Additionally, be sure you pick out a fabric style that’ll not only match well with the room, but will withstand wear and tear from pets and children.
- Buying a poor quality sofa: You want your sofa to last for years and years before having to be replaced. After all, new couches can be pretty expensive. When you’re shopping for a new couch, be sure you’re choosing a high-quality sofa that’ll stand the test of time. Remember, it’s not always a bad idea to splurge a little on a piece that’ll last a long time rather than going with the cheapest option.
Shop Crowley’s Homeworks first and shop Crowley’s Homeworks last! Come by today and find out why we’re the number one furniture retail store in Houston, MO. We’re currently offering up to 25 percent discounts on select sofas, as well as a free set of lamps with each sofa purchase of $500 or more.