Having children in your home can be exciting, but too much excitement can lead to a mess. Between juice, dirt, crayons and more, there are a variety of things that can smudge, scratch or stain your furniture. If you have kids in your home and plan to purchase new furniture, you obviously don’t want it ruined, so it would be wise to opt for furniture fabrics that are kid-friendly.
Here are the five top kid-friendly fabrics to look for when shopping at a furniture store in Houston, MO:
- Microfiber: Stains are probably the number one concern for parents. Kids aren’t as careful as adults, so it doesn’t take much for juice or food to be spilled on the couch. When you’re shopping for furniture, microfiber is one of the fabrics to consider because of its ability to resist stains. A plus to purchasing furniture with microfiber fabric is that it is easy to clean, so if there is ever something found on your new pieces, with a little bit of water, it will be gone soon enough.
- Leather: Leather is a very stylish fabric that is perfect for any home, even one with kids. What makes it one of the best fabrics for parents is that cleanups are quick and easy thanks to its slick surface and stains not being a major concern. Although scratches can sometimes occur if your kids aren’t careful, they can be repaired and you’ll be able to continue to enjoy your furniture for years to come.
- Vinyl: Parents love a fabric that is strong and easy to clean. With kids, there is no telling what can happen to your furniture, so depending on what you are looking for, vinyl might be the fabric you need. This specific fabric would go well in your living room or in your kid’s playroom or bedroom. Since it is easy to clean and durable, you’ll be sure it will last until you decide you want something different for you or your kid.
- Denim: While it is normal to be concerned about how kids can ruin furniture, you’ll also want to consider how great this furniture could look in their room. Another fabric that parents love is denim. Not only is it a strong, sturdy fabric, but you can pretty much find denim furniture pieces in a variety of colors. This is perfect if your kid wants something lively and bright for their room.
- Wool: It would be nice to have a fabric that is stain-resistant, but that could cost more money than you are willing to spend, or you may not be able to find something that you like. If stains do happen, you want a fabric that is easy to clean. Wool is a great kid-friendly option because stains are not there forever. With a spot cleaning, your furniture will be good as new, so if your kid spills something on the couch, you can have peace of mind knowing it won’t be ruined.
With kids in the home, accidents are going to happen. Unfortunately, some of these accidents can leave your furniture damaged. If you choose wisely when shopping for living room furniture, you won’t have to worry too much about stains and dirt affecting your furniture’s appearance.
Are you looking for a furniture store in Houston, MO that stocks pieces with kid-friendly fabric? Stop by Crowleys Homeworks today to check out your options!