Your pet is no doubt one of the loves of your life. They are your best friend and provide a great deal of comfort and companionship for you. Unfortunately, pets also have accidents, which can mean damage to your carpet. You can help eliminate this wear by choosing a carpet that is designed with your pets in mind. Look out for these factors when you are buying carpet to install in a home with a furry friend:
- Resistance against stains: You want to find carpeting in Houston, MO that has been treated with a stain-resistant solution. This will protect it from the tip to the base and prevent stains from being ground in. Your dog may track in mud on your new carpet, and you’ll need a way to make sure it doesn’t stain. Stain-resistant treatments are available in an array of carpeting types that are sure to work well in your home.
- Easy cleanup: When your pet does have an accident, you want to be able to clean it up without it immediately staining. Choose carpeting that is able to be treated with a soil and stain cleaning solution without experiencing any fading or damage to its surface. This will make for easy cleanup and allow your carpet to retain its nice appearance, even if you have pets.
- Cut pile design: Look for carpeting in Houston, MO that has cut piles. Piles come in two variations—cut and looped. Looped piles can cause injury to your pet, as they can snap their nails as they roll or play on its surface. To avoid damage to your carpet as well as to prevent your pet from being hurt, select a carpet with cut piles that won’t snag your pet’s claws.
- Waterproofing: The backing of your carpet matters as much as the carpet fibers themselves. Because your pet is sure to have an accident every now and then, you need a good quality carpet that has either a waterproof or gel backing that will prevent these moisture stains from seeping through to the flooring.
- Dark colors or patterns: You will most certainly want to choose carpeting that has a dark color or pattern that will hide dirt and hair that is tracked in by your pet. Selecting carpeting that is light colored will only prove to be troublesome, as it will show staining as well as hair buildup on its It will be harder to keep clean, and you will be disappointed with its appearance soon after its installation.
When looking to buy new carpeting in Houston, MO, think about the ways that you can make the most out of your purchase. This will ensure you have carpet that lasts and always looks its best, even when your dog or cat makes a mess. For the biggest selection of carpet and flooring in the area, come on over to Crowleys Homeworks. We stock top brands, such as Mohawk, Shaw, Armstrong, Tarkett and Congoleum, and look forward to assisting you in your search.