Have you been thinking about installing new carpet in your home? While carpet can last for years if it is properly cared for, it will eventually need to be replaced due to regular wear and tear. But how do you know when it’s finally time to make your move and invest in new carpeting in Houston, MO? Read on to discover five signs that indicate you should trade in that old, worn carpet for something new:
- Covered in stains: Do you find yourself constantly rearranging your furniture and rugs to cover old stains on the carpet? Will those stains not come out after you’ve tried stain remover, or even hired a professional carpet cleaner? Then it’s time to finally give up on that old, stained carpet and get something new instead. A dirty carpet can actually lower the overall property value of your home, so this is one investment that will definitely pay off.
- Worn down: If areas of your carpet are beginning to tear, or are missing entirely, then chances are you probably already know it’s time to start thinking about replacing it. A professional can easily fix small tears and rips, but unfortunately any large damaged areas means it’s time for a new carpet. This is especially important for any hallway areas or on stairs, because ripped or loose carpeting could be a major tripping hazard.
- Thin carpet padding: Your carpet may be to blame if your feet have been feeling particularly sore lately. The cushion under the carpet, known as carpet padding, helps support the carpet and makes it significantly more comfortable to walk and lie down on. The carpet padding also acts as a buffer to help keep the room quiet. The padding can break down significantly over time, especially in areas that are regularly subjected to spilled drinks and food. Uneven carpet areas, hard areas, wrinkles and crinkling sounds when walked on are all signs that the carpet padding has exceeded its useful lifespan.
- Smells: Don’t let one of the first things someone notices when they walk into your home be the foul smell of old carpet. Stinky feet, allergens, pets, drink spills, food stains and muddy shoes can all make your carpet smell a bit unpleasant after gradually building up over time While you might not be able to smell it, your guests certainly can!
- Increased allergy symptoms: Don’t blame the trees for your allergies when your old carpet may actually be at fault. Dirt, dust, pollen and lots of other irritants can accumulate in your carpet. Those same substances can then easily find their way into your system every time you walk through your home. While regular cleaning can help combat this, the only way to eliminate the possible allergens is to replace the carpet entirely.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, then it’s likely time to install new carpeting in Houston, MO. The professionals at Crowleys Homeworks are ready to help you select the best carpeting solution to fit your home and lifestyle needs. Call us today to get started!