Ah, summer—the perfect season for outdoor living, even if it’s in your own backyard. But is your patio ready for summer? Here are some must-have pieces of patio furniture in Houston, MO to help you get ready for summertime hangouts:
- Tables: Working a table into an outdoor living space is not difficult, partly because you need a surface to have meals on. But a patio dining table has another use: this table is likely to attract a big group of guests over to mingle. Much like your indoor dining room, an outdoor table is where everyone congregates to converse, eat and drink. Furthermore, a table umbrella is wise for uncovered patios to block out the hot summer sun, and consider a coffee table for a surface on which to set your morning coffee or put your feet up in the afternoons.
- Chairs: From casual dining and rocking chairs to more comfortable loungers for relaxing, when it comes to seating, you’ve got a bevy of fantastic options. Don’t go furniture-shopping crazy, though—this is important to avoid crowding your patio. Remember, you can always add more seating later. In the meantime, the key to narrowing down all the different styles and types is functionality. Will this chair serve a purpose on a daily basis? Is it comfortable? Easy to clean? Is it for you?
- Bar table: Summertime or not, an outdoor bar is an essential piece of patio furniture in Houston, MO, especially if you host a lot. A bar table is great for serving drinks and setting up a self-serve cocktail area, as well as an ideal spot for socializing that can function as a food serving table.
- Bistro set: An excellent seating arrangement for tea with a friend or dinner for two, a pretty little bistro set is something you may want to include in your patio furniture purchase. These are those chairs and small round tables you see sitting out in front of cafes and bakeries where customers can sit and enjoy their treats. Ensure your bistro set is built to last a long time by springing for one constructed of metal or wood.
- Storage bench: Much like the inside of our homes, most of us have things lying around outside that we are likely to put away before guests arrive. Should you choose to use a bench at the table to seat more people or along the patio walls, get one that opens up to double as a storage unit. Talk about a versatile piece of furniture!
- Porch swing: Nothing screams “summer” more than chilling with an iced tea on a porch swing. Attached to a covered patio or sitting on the ground, your swing can be a suspended wicker chair, a wood bench with a back or even a hammock made of weather-resistant fabric. Before installing any style of porch swing, consult a contractor on the weight limit and durability of your covered porch beams, unless you already know.
This summer, head on over to Crowleys Homeworks for a selection of patio furniture in Houston, MO. Our experts are ready and happy to help out!