You’re finally doing it—you’re converting that extra room into a home theater! From the room layout to setting a budget to shopping for the La-Z-Boy brand at your local furniture outlet store in Houston, MO, here are a few tips to help you create a home theater room the whole neighborhood will be talking about:
- Measure the size of your room: Like measuring any other room in your home for new furnishings, you will want to know the size of your designated home theater space before you proceed with other aspects of planning. Take accurate measurements starting with the distance between wall panels. Also measure the height of the room from floor to ceiling, and take into account uneven ground—this is important if your theater includes a suspended ceiling projector so you don’t get shelving, light fixtures or raised seating that will block the picture.
- Plan your theater layout: To avoid having to haul big pieces of furniture to a store’s return line, draft a preliminary layout. Planning out sectional, recliner, sofa and table placement beforehand is a great step to take. This provides a space estimate of what size and how many pieces of furniture can fit into the room without crowding or appearing disorganized. Another good idea is to play around with where the big screen television or a projector screen and speaker system will be placed before deciding on a seating setup.
- Make a budget: Good quality home theater furniture is not cheap, so it’s a good idea for you to do a little legwork on the La-Z-Boy products you’re interested in buying. Know your price range, and consider pulling cash out to avoid overspending. At the same time, if money is tight, it doesn’t hurt to purchase theater room furniture one piece at a time. Look around for sales at your local furniture outlet store in Houston, MO, and don’t be afraid to ask about multi-purchase discounts. The more money you save on theater furniture, the more you can put toward fun accessories.
- Get the most comfortable seating possible: Family movie nights? Hosting a viewing party? Monthly video game challenges? A home theater room is likely to be one of the most used rooms for lounging, and a popular space for socializing. Therefore, you should buy the most comfortable seating that your budget will allow. And don’t just click “Add to Cart.” This is one of those purchases you should make at a brick and mortar store, rather than an online shop. Visiting a furniture store that sells brands like La-Z-Boy gives you the chance to test-drive recliners, sectionals and ottomans before making a final decision.
- Accessorize your furniture: No home theater recliner is complete without the convenience of cupholders, comfortable armrests, easy-use reclining and even small built-in cooler compartments. Select the types of materials that are best for you, and don’t overlook your color options. You can even look into customizing your seating and ottoman or seat covers with your favorite sports team logo and colors.
When you’re ready to start furnishing your home theater room with the La-Z-Boy brand and more, we hope you’ll pay Crowley’s Homeworks a visit soon!