There’s a huge difference between walking into an ordinary living room and walking into a living room that has a cohesive décor scheme—it’s almost night and day. We don’t realize how important the decorative aspects of our home are until we see the impact they can make on the overall look, feel and atmosphere of a room: especially the living room.
Décor is about more than just matching carpet and wall colors or arranging your furniture—it’s about creating a certain mood within a room that makes people feel a certain way. Whether you’re going for comfortable and welcoming or luxurious and sophisticated, the decorative accents you choose for your living room can make all the difference in determining this mood.
Take a look at five unique living room accessories that can tie everything together and work to bring cohesion to your space:
- Wall clocks: Clocks are a simple characteristic that can have a profound effect on a room. From swinging cuckoo clocks to monolithic mantel clocks in Houston, MO, clocks create appeal based on their design and style. What’s more, clocks can almost be viewed as works of art in and of themselves, giving you the twofold benefit of sprucing up your room with an artistic flair.
- Rugs: Rugs are nearly infinite in their styles and textures, but create balance wherever they’re laid. Whether used as an accent to your décor or as a centerpiece to set the mood, a rug can tie your living room together in a myriad of ways—all it takes is the right style, color scheme and placement.
- Lamps: Lighting can make or break a room’s atmosphere. With a lamp, you have the dual advantage of not only being able to create the perfect lighting effects in a room, but doing so from an accented piece that’s able to stand alone as a piece of the décor. Whether it’s a flood or table model, any lamp can bring allure to a room’s décor scheme.
- Art: What’s on your walls? While painting them the right color might do wonders for exposing the beauty of a room’s decorative edge, without art on them, walls are just blank slates. Adding focal pieces in the form of art is a great way to display culture, creativity and set the tone for the room.
- Accents: What is an accent? It can be just about anything, so long as it lends itself to your décor in a way that helps personify your room. Perhaps it’s a vase? Maybe it’s a votive holder? Might it be a sculpture? Whatever it is, it should lend itself to the tone of the décor seamlessly.
Incorporating any or all of the above five living room accessories into your room’s design could bring the atmosphere to a whole other level. Whether it’s an exemplary rug or a focal mantle clock in Houston, MO, all it takes is one piece of flair to truly transform a room.