These days, the average homeowner has a lot of different floor types to choose from. There’s hardwood, linoleum, tile, laminate, concrete and more. But the tried and true favorite for folks here in Salem, MO is carpeting. Here at Crowleys Homeworks, we’ve helped numerous customers find the right carpets for their home. In the process, we’ve become aware of the many benefits provided by this comfortable floor covering. From safety to affordability to softness, here’s a look at why so many homeowners in Salem, MO love carpeting, and why it might be the right choice for your home:
- Safe: Hardwood, linoleum and other hard floor surfaces bring a certain degree of slipperiness with them. And when you do fall on these surfaces, the risk of causing serious damage to your body is much higher than with carpet. The safety factor of carpet is an especially important thing to remember if you have elderly people or children in your home, or someone with a physical disability.
- Affordable: Carpet is on the more affordable side of floor coverings, especially when compared to hardwood. And that affordability doesn’t just matter during the initial purchase—a study by the Carpet and Rug Institute found that carpet costs less to maintain and clean than most other floor coverings. Choosing carpet will allow you to invest more money in other parts of your home, so that the whole package is nice.
- Better air quality: Some people might erroneously think that because carpet is soft, it is a harboring space for allergens and dust. But it turns out that carpet can contribute to better air quality, because the carpet fibers will trap the foreign particles rather than allowing you to breathe them in. As long as you vacuum regularly, you won’t have to worry about poor air quality with carpet.
- Strong: If you have a lot of people walking back and forth across your home all day, that will eventually take a toll on any type of floor covering. But carpet being made today is much better at resisting foot traffic, as well as spills and stains, than ever before. This means that when you purchase carpet for your home, you’ll be making a long-term investment that is highly likely to pay off.
- Soft: We all have those good associations of walking barefoot on fluffy, soft carpet. The carpet being manufactured today is being made with that feeling in mind, and is guaranteed to keep that soft carpet feel for years and years. This softness is an especially important consideration if you have (or might someday have) small children who enjoy crawling around the house.
- Options: Finally, when it comes to color and feel, there’s no floor covering that offers more options than carpet. Carpet can also easily be cut to fit the exact dimensions of a space, which means you can have different colors in different rooms. If that sounds appealing to you, come pay a visit to Crowleys Homeworks. We’re the place for carpeting in Salem, MO!