A new mattress is a necessary and wise purchase, and it’s almost guaranteed that your body, mind and daily life will benefit from it. But before you can reap the rewards of comfortable sleep, you have to go through the process of buying a new mattress at your local furniture store in Houston, MO. From size to price, here are some tips on how to make the most of your mattress buying experience:
- Do your research: These days, you probably wouldn’t buy a car or even a new pair of shoes without checking online to see what’s available and what the standard price is. The same should go for your new mattress. Try to research both the type of mattress you want, which brands offer the most value, and the specific store you’ll be going to beforehand so you have some idea of what to expect. After you do this, half of the battle is already over.
- Consider your health: There are a whole host of conditions, from bad backs to sleep apnea, that can be helped or harmed by what kind of mattress you choose to sleep on. If you have any sort of health conditions, ask your medical professional if there’s a certain type of mattress you should or shouldn’t keep an eye out for. If you’re buying a new mattress anyway, you may as well put in the effort to make sure it’s beneficial to your health.
- Think about firmness: One of the biggest distinguishing factors among mattresses is firmness. Despite popular belief, a very firm mattress isn’t necessarily better for one’s back or posture. If you want to get the best mattress for your comfort and your back, go for a medium-firm mattress.
- Take your time in the store: It might be a little embarrassing to lie down in the middle of a crowded store, but your body will thank you for it when you’re testing mattresses. Don’t be afraid to take your time while testing them out, as sometimes a mattress requires a few minutes to really make an impression. Never let a salesperson rush your decision process along too quickly.
- Ask about warranties and returns: It can sometimes be almost impossible to feel 100 percent comfortable with such a big purchase as a new mattress, so it’s good to make sure you’re aware of the store’s return policy before making a commitment. It’s also important to know your options as far as warranties are concerned. A quality mattress from a reputable source will likely have at least a 10-year warranty. And remember: if you want to be able to depend on your warranty, don’t remove your mattress tag!
We hope this guide to shopping for a new mattress proves helpful. If you have any questions regarding anything we’ve talked about here, don’t hesitate to pay a visit to Crowleys Homeworks, your local furniture store in Houston, MO. We look forward to welcoming you into our shop, and hopefully sending you home with a wonderful new mattress!