Whether you’re a minimalist consumer or an indulgent bargain hunter, the act of shopping has entered a whole new realm. Even though the level of retail consumption varies from person to person, the on-going battle between online shopping versus the ‘old-school’ in-store alternative continues to perplex many.
Although online shopping has become this generation’s shopping preference, each avenue contains its own list of advantages and disadvantages for consumers and when it comes to furniture shopping, in-person may be your best bet.
Here are some reasons shopping at your local furniture outlet store in Houston, MO is better than internet shopping:
1. Returns and exchanges are easier. Although shopping online can help you avoid long lines, pushy sales clerks and having to actually get yourself ready to go out of your house, it makes your life much more difficult if you were to buy something that doesn’t work out. If it doesn’t work you have to go through the hassle of packing it back up, creating return shipping labels, tracking numbers and the list goes on.
Buying from your local furniture store ensures the ability to easily go back and make returns and exchanges if necessary. It’s easy to load the piece of furniture into your car and drop it off, or if it’s too big, most local companies will have a truck driver come assist you so you don’t have to worry about transporting the piece.
2. Payment safety and options. This can be a huge deal-breaker for many shoppers. At this point we all agree that shopping online is convenient. You can sit at home in your pajamas and all you have to do is type in your credit card information. But have you thought about internet hackers?
Technology these days, although very helpful, can be very vulnerable and can leave your information open to hackers and thieves, making it easy for them to take your credit card information and go on a spending spree.
Shopping in a store tends to be a safer option for your banking information as it stays with you and you only.
3. Support your local businesses. When you are shopping online, odds are you are ordering something from out-of-state or even overseas. What is that doing? That’s boosting their economy. If you shop at your local furniture outlet store in Houston, MO that money is going to that specific business which will directly affect your community.
We all like to be a part of a positive change and this is one way you can do it. Support your community’s businesses!
4. Avoid uncontrollable circumstances. Shopping locally helps avoid those uncontrollable yet incredibly frustrating circumstances, such as extensive shipping timelines, shipping delays due to weather or lost or stolen products.
Shopping at your local furniture store ensures that the product is on hand and if you decide to buy it you could leave with it in your car that same day—avoiding those nasty shipping situations.
5. Experience the item before you purchase. Perhaps the most important point of them all, actually being able to touch, feel and use the piece of furniture you are looking at purchasing. There’s nothing worse than ordering a piece online and receiving it, only to find out you hate it, or it doesn’t fit in the room, or it’s not the right color or it’s not as comfortable as it looks.
Shopping in person helps you avoid those situations by allowing you to physically examine the piece and make sure it’s exactly what you are looking for.
Ultimately, the times are changing and the Internet has become a preferred tool above all else; but making sure you are 100% happy with something you are buying is always the end goal and shopping in person ensures that happiness.