It’s fall, and while you may have Thanksgiving dinner on the brain, there’s also football and other fall sports to look forward to. If you are like most sports fans, you want a dedicated space in your home where you and your friends can shout and holler at the television set. But to do this, you might have to rearrange your personal den. Are you ready to make this change? Whether you want to turn your den into a sports cave indefinitely or just for the fall sports season, now is the time to begin plans for a room transformation!
With your sports cave ideas in mind, here are some items you may want to be on the lookout for when browsing at a furniture store in Houston, MO:
- Recliners: During the commercials or in between cheering on your favorite sports team is the perfect time to sit back and take a breather. But since no one wants to plop their bottom down onto a hard, uncomfortable chair, look at your den-to-sports cave conversion as an opportunity to get the seating you’ve always wanted. Comfy leather recliners will ensure that those short breaks are done right.
- Futon: A futon is a great addition to any sports entertainment room. Not only is this piece of furniture typically compact enough to put in a corner when not in use, but it’s also great for if a friend needs to crash at your place after watching a game. Simply unfold the futon and let your friend snooze away.
- Tables: Coffee tables, side tables and small buffet tables are all good to have in your sports cave. After all, you’re going to need multiple surfaces to hold game food, snacks and drinks, and you should be able spread the tables out around the room to accommodate wherever your friends may be—like someone who stands because they tend to jump with excitement, or someone else who sits off to the side to gain extra leg room. And don’t forget coasters bearing the logos of your favorite sports teams!
- Bar set: Every sports cave can benefit from having a fully stocked bar in the room. It’s a great spot to store drinks, mix drinks and set out food items. You might consider adding a few matching stools so folks can sidle up to the bar during the game. Also, install a mini fridge to have cold drinks and ice cubes within reach, and maybe even get a microwave to reheat foods.
- Area rug: Between your friends busting out their celebratory dance moves and furniture getting pushed around, the floor of your sports cave is bound to see a lot of foot traffic during the fall sports season. To preserve your carpet or hardwood flooring from wear or damage, lay down an area rug.
When you shop at a quality furniture store in Houston, MO like Crowleys Homeworks, you will save time by not having to drive around town for the perfect furniture and accessories for your sports cave. Happy shopping, and enjoy watching your sports this fall!