The outside of your home looks like fall, so why shouldn’t the inside as well? Instead of collecting fallen leaves to use as indoor decoration, look into adding beautiful seasonal colors to your furnishings! With that in mind, here are five ways to incorporate popular fall colors into your home decor in Houston, MO:
- Throw pillows: One of the easiest ways to add a bit of fall color into your home furnishings is to change out your sofa’s throw pillows. Yes, they are both usable and decorative in your home! Shop around and you will notice there are many beautiful autumn colors and tones to choose from—like orange, gold, bronze or cranberry red—or mix and match your favorite fall colors. But you may not have the storage space for a dozen different pillows. In that case, you can get throw pillow covers in a variety of seasonal colors to slip over your existing pillows.
- Chair covers: Want the loveliness of festive fall chairs without having to buy new ones to match your home decor in Houston, MO? Pick up chair slips in popular fall colors to cover the ones you already own. Most slips will either mold to your chair’s shape or come with back ties. Of course, if you come across a nice accent chair that would be perfect for fall and all year round, get it.
- Throw blankets: Similar to throw pillows, it’s very easy to place colorful fall throw blankets over the back of your couch. Red and orange fleece blankets make your home seating stand out and pop, especially during the holidays. Light blankets also work great as accents for living room shelving. Take tightly rolled up or folded throw blankets with or without a ribbon tied around them—natural jute twine would be nice and autumnal—and place them neatly on an open shelf space.
- Bedding: Bedding can bring fall into your bedroom without your having to open the window. But although you can choose from all sorts of colorful linens, blankets and duvets to use throughout the fall season, it’s okay to just make one small change to your bed. You can still be festive by simply tossing an orange or rustic brown quilt over your top cover, or by busting out your comfy red flannel sheets.
- Lampshades: Instead of purchasing all new home lighting, find separate lampshades in festive colors like gold, orange and brown, or even shades with colorful fall leaf patterns. And don’t limit yourself to color options—check out a selection of different materials and textures to better match your personal style. Also, fall-themed lampshades can be stacked together for easy storage until you need them again.
From the simplest apple red blanket for your couch to a set of aesthetically pleasing orange throw pillows, it’s a breeze to bring the color of fall inside. If you want to dress your interior up with a bit of fall color, come visit us at Crowleys Homeworks for a wide selection of furniture accessories and home decor in Houston, MO.