You may have noticed that your mattress has gotten worn over time and probably needs replacing. Estimates place the average mattress life at eight to 10 years. If yours is older than that, now is the time to head over to your local home furniture store in Houston, MO to replace it. Knowing what to look for when shopping for a new mattress will help you get the one that is right for you. Here are some things to look for when shopping for a new mattress:
- Know what size mattress you need: Are you replacing an existing mattress, or upgrading to an entirely new bedroom set with a larger mattress? Whatever the case may be, you need to have an idea of the size that is right for the person or people who’ll be sleeping on it. Twin mattresses are great for kids who don’t need a lot of room, while a king mattress provides an ample amount of space. A home furniture store in Houston, MO will have a wide selection of mattresses in every size for you to choose from.
- Know your comfort level: Do you like a firm mattress, or something that is softer? Mattresses such as those from Five Star come in a variety of firmnesses that are designed to suit a range of tastes and comfort levels. Memory foam mattresses can offer a lot of firmness, while an innerspring mattress will provide more bounce. Knowing your comfort level can help narrow down which mattresses you should consider.
- Consider materials: With the average person spending a third of their life in bed, you will want a mattress that holds up to everyday use. You will want to look for mattresses at your home furniture store in Houston, MO that are made from durable materials. Mattresses with cheaper construction will have you feeling the springs when you sleep at night. Good construction of a mattress will ensure you get a good night’s sleep every night.
- Remember to test prospective mattresses: The reason a home furniture store in Houston, MO has mattresses on display is so you can try them in the store. Spend some time lying on different mattresses to get a good idea of what is comfortable to you. After several tests, you should be able to select one that feels right and would be comfortable to sleep on every night.
- Look for a warranty: When you ultimately decide on a mattress to buy, be sure it has a warranty that gives you good coverage, such as the one that comes with a Five Star mattress. This will protect you in case a problem occurs with the mattress that can be traced back to manufacturing or shipping. This will offer you security in making an investment in a new mattress.
Keep comfort, size and materials in mind when you are shopping for a new mattress at a home furniture store in Houston, MO. This will help ensure you have a good night’s rest each and every night. If you are looking for a mattress, stop by Crowleys Homeworks today. We feature a range of furniture, mattresses, flooring, carpeting and appliances. There is something for everyone!