From room aesthetics to working with the decor, the option you choose for your home’s flooring speaks a bit to your personality and preferred style. Thinking about re-carpeting? If so, you’ll be glad to hear there are many great advantages to doing so. Let’s look at six benefits of installing new home carpeting in Houston, MO:
- Update a room’s appearance: There’s no rule stating that you must carpet all or even most of your home’s flooring. It’s okay to put carpet in the bedrooms and hardwood in your living room and dining area. In fact, doing so could change the feel of the entire house for the better. You can even lay carpeting down when you just want to update a room’s appearance. For a less dramatic change, choose carpets with natural colors and simple patterns to add to the decor.
- Save energy: Most residential foundations are made of concrete, which, if left exposed to your home’s interior, can let the heat in during the warmer months and the cold in all winter long. A new carpet installation can provide a layer of insulation over indoor floors to combat outdoor elements from entering. You won’t need to run the HVAC as often, thus helping you save energy as well as money on monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Minimize noise: Although not a complete noise deterrent, quality carpeting in Houston, MO is a great way to cancel out some household racket for a single or two-story home, including the pitter-patter of children and pets’ feet, normal electrical humming and talking or music coming from upstairs. In general, carpets—especially plush ones or those that come with padding underneath—can absorb a good amount of sound.
- It’s safe to walk on: Hard surface floors are beautiful and add a little something bright to a room, but there is one specific safety concern that comes with it: losing your footing. Households with elderly folks, young children and four-legged pets should keep this in mind. But when you install carpet, the chances of slips and falls are lessened thanks to better traction.
- Easy to maintain: Aside from the occasional spring carpet cleaning that involves a soapy solution and water, just about all carpet materials are a piece of cake to maintain—no manual polishing, buffing or having to fill in damaged areas. Depending on the type of vacuum cleaner you use, regular carpet upkeep is less backbreaking when compared to other flooring options.
- Beneficial to your health: Not only is carpeting easy to maintain, but it’s also good for your health. With hardwood floors you end up needing to sweep or vacuum all the time to avoid dust and other allergens from getting kicked up, but carpets act as magnets for this stuff. Carpet fibers trap a host of unhealthy particles—most being the bane of allergy suffers—and holds them in place until you get a chance to vacuum.
If the benefits of installing residential carpeting in Houston, MO sound great, get planning! When you’re ready, the professionals at Crowleys Homeworks are the people to call for the best home floor covering options around.